Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Why Play (pt.1)

Let's Regroup
original post date
2/3/11

Lately I've been playing games with everyone around me as well as this thing here
Avoiding what it is that I am trying to accomplish

So many people get to me, not that many understand
I try to step back but am begging for a lending hand
I feel alone in this world although I could be surrounded by family and friends
I lie to myself, mess with others, just to pretend
At times I want to overcome it but the truth is I can't
See, in a way I like me but am afraid of the part that don't seem sane
I'm alienated from the world, that's suppose to be a problem, but not to me
At times I rather be alone and I don't know why that be

I hate people, it's sad cause I really do
Those I'm cool with, I vibe with, but don't really fool with
See my cousin told my parents it was just a phase
Naw bro, this is for real, the world I hate
Why play, that what I seem to say
Yet this very moment- my emotional mind state - have been having me contemplate
Life, Time, and Death is a concept that I love and respect
Fuck life, what's death, and just kill time
That all the real shit that runs through my mind
To all those that thought I've been fucking around
What can I say, I do me and am just tryna hold my grind
Much respect, didn't mean with you to mess
You know the concept, so what's the haps
I get it but it ain't shit, yet I need to be real and quit this shit
Why play, why play, why play
To tell you the truth, it the only way to stop hearing the other voices in my head

No comments:

Post a Comment