Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tha Hood's 'Sleep (Prologue)

Man, can't you hear the k-oz in the air. I'm not even gonna lie to you but the block is live. Everywhere I turn I see somebody doing and/or getting into something. Even when the atmosphere is crazy, you still could get that crunk, party, chilling type of vibe. It blows my mind though on how these fools could be tense and on edge yet still have a good time.

How in the hell I just passed these boys getting harrased by the cops and they gonna meet up with me at the park and try to counsel me.
"What's good 'Ma."
"It ain't nothing,  just maxing."
"Yeah, I feel you. You see that little shit that I got myself into, I saw how you looked at me when you walked by."
"Look it here man, I know how you get down. By the way, I don't see that shit. You ain't never disrespect me so we good."
"What you doing out here by yourself and looking like you wanna catch a case? Hold up, you good?"
So a couple more of his nigga joined. Conversation got redirected and was no longer geared towards me. I just sunk into the atmosphere, I needed that. I never told my peoples fuck it and just walk away. But I was so heated and about to lose my mind. Meeting up with these fool at the park actually helped ease my mind.


"Look man, when it comes down to it, they're your people, your parents, your father. You might not like it but you got to apoligize."
"I just didn't tell you all the details man, it's deeper than that."
"I hear you and you better go staight home. It's getting late, aint no need to be posting up on these streets."
That nigga walked me back from the park and departed from me when we got to the spot where he was having that confrontation with the cops earlier. How these niggas always tryna counsel me. But I respect that.

<Wow, I cant believe I was going down memory lane again. I've been doing that a lot lately. Thinking of the past and seeing it as the present. But back to reality, at least time wise.>

The music was loud and I could hear it coming from my neighbors' house, and she was more than just a few houses down. Everybody was dancing, drinking, and eating, vibing outside of the house. She was in her living room, talking to me on the phone, telling me to come over, chill with her and just vibe. Shit, I ain't have anything to do. I aint the partying type but I sho nough wasn't planning on staying home. Not tonight. I needed a breather.

"Ty'whaina, get your butt in the house."
"Come on momma, what u so afraid of? Just a few more minutes."
"Where your cousin at anyways. I told him not to leave you out there alone."
"But I'm not by myself. Look, I'm going back to Trae's house. I'll make it home in 'bout forty three minutes."
"Forty three minutes. Girl, are you trying to be funny with me. Whats over at Trae house? By the way, I don't like it ova there, it's a bad scene."
"Man, you're tripping. You act like Imma be hanging with them. I'm going there for Trae and we gonna vibe in her room like always. You act like shits be happening to me when I be over there. And by the way, her brother don't live there anymore."

<Damn, that was the last time I could remember having a conversation with my momma like that.>

POW, POW, POW
"Man, what the fuck was that?"
Morrice came walking into the house like it was all good, so we all just kept the conversation going. My one year old son was sitting on my lap and playing around with my phone. Kept trying to put it is his mouth so I really didnt realize why Trae's mom came running to the door talking bout please and blocking some dude. All of a sudden I heard Trae yell 'mom no' so I decided to see what all the panic like commotion was all about. Man, what the fuck? Morrice got some nigga rushing him in his momma house, done stepped up in this bitch like it was all good and didn't even tell a nigga that he was getting busted at. Just allowed that fool to walk right up on us. That nigga sled right up into the living room, fire raised up in the air in all. That nigga had murder written all in his eyes. That muthafukah showed that he was destined to go for the kill, passionately embracing the opportunity to take the lives of man. My dawg and her momma was in their emotional state but that nigga wasn't showing no sign of remorse. Moricce's boys done ran in the room and locked the door. Moricce walked in through the front went out the back and cleared it. I dont know what the fuck the people outside was doing cause the cops could've been got here. I know them muthfuckas seen and heard when that nigga busted that shit at Moricce outside.

All I could think of at that moment was like fuck, I got this innocent ass baby in my hand. My other dawg sitting across from me, I dont know what was going through that cat mind but he was looking at me with urgency like I was Ms. Superhero - which he should've cause I was seven years older than the fool and we we're raised like brothers and sisters.  I was the only one that kept my composure and didn't budge an inch. Like what the fuck could I have done. I wasn't strapped, ain't nowhere/way to run, and my baby was with me. I slowly moved him and sat him behind me, all the while looking this 'killah' in the eye. I don't know what vibe I gave off but that nigga wasn't even checking for no one else in the house anymore. Not even my dawg Trae and her momma that was damn near in his face.

I must have seem like a threat because that nigga became fixated on me. I don't know why but I gave him this cold ass feeling/look and he returned that deep intense stare right back. We we're deeply engaged. Dead into the whites of one another eyes. It felt as if the world pause, the air was silence, just me and him and his piece still aiming for a soul. It felt like more than five minutes done pass. We became one.  I showed no fear, nor did I attempt to hide my face as I gained his gaze. Real recognized real, so our souls concluded. He lowered his piece, still deeply gazed into my eyes and I maintained it as so. He nodded to me, still intensely fixated, slowly walking out the house. Still engaged with the path to his soul, I nodded back as he disappered through the door and into the darkness.

__________________________________________________________________________________

The story above is just a very minimal part to a story I created, an alteration to my life. Meaning, most of the parts in the story really happened to me and people I know - and some parts are just add-ons. Most stories I created, the characters were inspired by someone I know and sometimes I feed off of their characters and life experiences in order to create my new character. I am always the main character.

No comments:

Post a Comment