Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dark Child (Prologue)

Sleep was okay today and yesterday wasn't that bad. I'm just so happy today's Monday. I'm so happy to be going to school. You just don't understand, I'm so hungry. I didn't expect school to be like this. I dont really fit in. Technically they said I was supposed to be five to start Kindergarten, so my father lied because I was only four.

< pause and thought to myself ... seriously, as if they dont have all the paper work for the next school year and if I'm turning five this summer they would still allow me to participate in summer school ... but whatever .. test my intelligence>

The summer was a hot summer like always, for some reason my household conditions got worst I wondered if I really was their birth child. Summer came and went, regular school started. Was placed in honors then removed for not enough space. Started given trouble in my regular class, wasn't being challenged. Use to tell the teacher I was smarter, I lead the class at times, just losing interest, my parents didn't know how to deal with me .... so the abuse, neglect took it turn for the worst.

It was a late night and they threw me outside to teach me a lesson, I guess to let fear take its toll, it never did though. So like most nights, they forgot me and I decided to wonder the streets. The same guys usually post up on the corner or just in front of their yard. They asked me once why the fuck I wasn't home. I told them I didn't have a home, I had a house to which I don't belong. They looked at me funny and left it as that.

<I guess the comment threw them off cause they never questioned me again .... then again they aint do shit about me roaming the streets pass midnight at the tender age of five .... but hey, - it is what it is>

This night seemed just like any other night. The Night Riders (which is what I started calling the guys that was posting up on the block) started to take my presence as normal, telling me what's up as I passed by and sometime just throwing snacks my way. <I guess they had no problem with me working my way to that church up the block that was usually opened 24/7 so that people can just go in and do what they do> The Night Riders, I guess, must've realized and got used to my schedule/timing, why else would have tonight turned out the way it did.

I was in the church just praying to God as I usually do. I didn't understand why he was allowing my family to treat me the way they did. Of all the kids, they only did me wrong, yet I was the only one speaking my mind. No execuses, they're family and they shouldn't come at me the way they do. I just wanted answers from God. I also wanted him to change things around. I was in a church. I was in a fucking church. Then seven guys approached me. I was finally scared but I held my ground and told them to back the fuck off as if i was grown, they was on something, they came at me with a wicked laughed. They cornered me, they told me things, they touched me. They played with me and one of them fully took away my dignity.

<One of the guys from the Night Riders came back home he wasn't there when I walked by. He told one of them that he guessed I didn't come through today (like I said earlier, they learned my timing and I haven't made it back yet). One of the guys told him I did but I was still in the church. He asked them did they see them niggas that walked in there earlier leave .... all of them came rushing to the church ... artillery up and all>

As they walked in, the one that put everyone on point, was yelling out Slim, which is what they called me. All of the guys scattered. He seen the one who just enetered me, he busted at him. The moment the other Night Riders heard gunshots, they started busting at the others that scattered. The fuck nigga on me tried to get up, as he pulled out and try to stand and run, My Boy started to bust again. Blood was just splattering on me. That fuck nigga caused me to bleed out, now I laid there watching him bleed out and tasting his blood. He didn't make it far, in fact he didn't make it anywhere at all, He fell right next to me, both laying in the puddle of each others blood. The rest of the Night Riders took care of the others guys as well. I just wished they came a little sooner. I guessed I must've passed out  because after that .....................

________________________________________________________________________________
INTERPRETATION

"Being a victim in a non-recurring rape dream usually indicates a message that you are being personally violated, thwarted, or ruthlessly exploited in waking life. In dreams of this nature, the aggressor is a faceless adversary. This could be explained by the fact that people who get close enough to us in life to exploit us often are significant to us in other, more positive ways. The dream is not meant to have an actual aggressor, but simply serve as a warning that you're being overpowered." ~  iVillage

"Dreaming about being raped is a nightmare that inflicts fear and anxiety upon recall. Since rape is a brutal and deeply personal violation, it suggests that the dreamer may be feeling robbed of options and negated as a human being. In a dream, as in real life, rape have very little to do with sex. It is about power, control, anger, and other very destructive emotions. In order to understand this dream, you may need to think about the areas of your life that causes you great anxiety and fear. If you are superstitious, take this dream as a warning. Take precautions, protect yourself emotionally and physically and don't engage in careless behaviors. If you were a rape victim, the traumatic nature of this experience may cause you to have a dream like this from time to time." ~ Dream Lover Incorporated

__________________________________________________________________________

The story above is just a very minimal part to a story I created, an alteration to my life. Meaning, most of the parts in the story really happened to me and people I know - and some parts are just add-ons. Most stories I created, the characters were inspired by someone I know and sometimes I feed off of their characters and life experiences in order to create my new character.

**************************************
Lay around for the remaining of the story ......
Post that complements this post
Dark Child (1.1)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Joylife .. altered. I tend the be the main character/narrator no matter what the sex ... yet altered.... sometimes ... it depends.
    @Harez ... you're welcome and thank you for reading as well as commenting.

    ReplyDelete