Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Faceless

The post is basically a response to a poem entitled The Faceless which was written by an unknown artist who I believe goes by the name Jemma. The part that is written in bold red italic font hugging the left side of the page - is the original poem. Personally, I feel as the bolded font should be read first - all at once - skipping over the regular font, just to get a feel of how strong the passage is. I would then go back and read the whole entire passage (original/response) together as a whole just as it is presented. I am considering this version as a self held conversation with oneself (individual is talking to themself) in order to get some form of clarification and strength as to what has taken place, is taking place, and will be taking place. It is written with regard towards domestic violence.



Is there help for the faceless ones
Or are they so cold and condemned
To the light of a dying star
That they're begging for the pain
Wanting to feel they should be ashamed
So they could believe they deserve their fate?
The fallen ones
The ones who won't come home


And so I ask myself, is this the path in which I'll continue to travel
To know the pain that lives within me can no longer be hidden from all to see
I can no longer walk among man and pretend to be the same
I wonder to myself, will I ever overcome this torture
As I try to maneuver around the thought of it - to me - becomes torture
I feel for me and have sympathy for no one
Yet at times I feel as if I have no sympathy for me
For if I did, why do I allow myself to continue in such dismay
Do I ask for what came my way
The predator tends to say I did and those who takes their defense
To walk in public with that image I tend to hate
Avoiding everything and in life not truly being able to partake
Yet I believe at times this is the way it should be
Over fifteen years of torture, what else can I dream
I try to take hold of my life but it seems as if the damage have been done
So I change my mind state to drive him astray
Now the predator is gone
But I'm willing to be the prey if only back with me he called home

Does the grieving moon know their names
As they slipped beneath her gaze?
And the earth was famished and swallowed them

I'm holding a poor substitute for skin
Not knowing if they're all still out there
Fighting the enemy or their own fragile mind


Consider us the chosen ones
With the ability to always remain strong
Although we dealt with the pain
That should not be placed upon a fellow man
We still stood by and of our way we have pride
Was I marked to be attacked by the beast
Look at him when at me he comes to feast
Forever and always my ground remained held
Should walk away and no longer partake in being within way
But to the pain I stay praying one day it'll workout gearing my way
Change in man was my ultimate game plain
No longer have faith to advocate another chance for those who feel they can't win
You assume I was built for this, only in time shall all be defined
The courage have been gain
No longer can I pretend to stand by and allow man to continue to sin
I may not fight physically but verbally my intellect is deep to bury man spiritually
Consider this a good deed, by true nature of Allah, I still breathe
It took time and many talks as I sleep, to realize that I control my dreams
There's a lesson to be learned, obviously not ready to go home
Call me poor if you may, one with the universe, by humanity I can't be draped

Am I in debt?
Do I owe them life if I chose to take it?
The pillow I hug is cold but it still carries the ghost of you
Do you wear the mask tonight
So that none may know your heart?
The night is lonely when we are blind
But still searching


I will admit to it, the torture and pain I attempt to dismiss
Controlled by the neglectful way of life
I try to proceed as if my life was far from reality
And so I base what really should be by that in which I dreamt
To fully erase, no longer partake in it, why not on my own of it to eliminate
Dis-own this thing called Life
From me to them it should not be given
To stand, watch them yearn
For me to bow down in return, remaining as the only one burned
No, for I shall remain strong
The journey have been kept within the Diary of Thy Soul
Forfeiting on all lies that I kept inside due to pride
No longer shall I walk a path with my story untold
Walking among man but distance for my feelings were kept within
Pretend to be but by all means the fantasy must come to cease
Surrounded by many, yet felt as if loved by none
For what they see and adore, is an act
The true soul is hidden and ignored
Craving to be part of the feast
Bonded to the shadows none-the-least
Miss the wonder of joy so to that the nature of the beast
I'm exposing to the world in order for my true self can finally be release
And in turn live in harmony with peace

Are dead hands reaching out to me?
Can I take them to my heart and hold forever?
So I can look away from the faceless
So I can find home
Before the memory of it destroys me

Speaking to my inner self
For of this world it no longer wants to behold
For-seeing my future, this isn’t the story I once told
Physically and emotionally disturb, my mental has been obscured
I must undo what I have been cursed
For the pain is growing
And am ashamed of the stain that’s soon to be embedded within my soul
Yes indeed, stepping forth, the torture will no longer continue to take toll
I’m crying out, the visions are great
I see myself lying upon my death bed
Presented to the world in an oddly fashion
Reflection of the mirror, no longer shall I be the faceless
At this moment control must be made, for I control my fate
This is the end of the road, taking a new approach drastically
What is this that I hear of violence being done domestically
Look at me, for I have spoken, and in turn have written
For my state of mind have been strengthen
 Changing the ways as to how I’ve been living
Don’t know why I held my breathe
And never inhale the air that I felt
As I dealt with the dancing beat within society
Take hold for I am bold
 My story must be told
In order for me to once again become whole
Spiritually in tune as gothic tunes fills the room
The battle within will gain victory as I pounce on my enemy
 And proclaim that I shall not be defeat

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

What is Domestic Violence?

Domestic violence is a crime that involves the abuse from domestic relationships. Domestic relationships tend to consist of spouse, former spouse, family members, those who have a common child together, who are currently residing together or have shared some form of domestic arrangement together.

Domestic abuse is most often one of the following:
·         child abuse
·         abuse of a spouse or domestic intimate partner
·         elder abuse

The crimes of domestic violence are numerous, ranging from verbal abuse to murder. They include: emotional abuse, such as intimidation and threats, assault, battery (with or without the use of a deadly weapon), sexual abuse (i.e. spousal rape), kidnapping, and detaining one against his or her will.

The list below are found to be the most common form of control but keep in mind that it is not a complete list of the abuse that many victims of domestic violence experience by any means.

·         Physical Abuse is the use of physical force against another person in a way that ends up injuring the person, or puts the person at risk of being injured.
·         Emotional Abuse can be verbal or nonverbal
·         Financial Abuse may include with-holding resources, stealing from the victim, or using the victims name to incur debt
·         Sexual Abuse is often linked to physical abuse; they may occur together, or the sexual abuse may occur after a bout of physical abuse


Domestic violence has negative effect on the victim as well as to those who witness the violence. The longer the abuse, the more negative the effects. DV can harm one physically, psychologically, and socially. DV unfortunately has become very common and is found throughout society and within our/your own community. There are many community services for those experiencing domestic violence. Local law enforcement agencies, legal aid agencies and shelters are available with the needs of men and women who have experienced domestic violence. If you are a victim of domestic violence or know anyone who may be in that situation, contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE(7223) or TTY 1-800-787-3224 . DV is not a laughing matter and is a psychological struggle to get out of. Rather than ignoring those who may be experiencing DV, one must try to understand what is taken place and be that backbone to the victim(s).  I do not know how to explain it, for they do not want to be part of it yet somehow cannot escape it because of the strongest and in this case deadliest form of feeling known as love.

No comments:

Post a Comment