Thursday, December 30, 2010

Tearless Cry

So, someone was sitting this morning with their newborn who was 'crying'. Her nephew came to the room, stared at the baby, then asked the aunty ' how come everytime he cries no tears come out. Huh something to think about because she for one never paid attention to that and told he that she really didn't know.

I was told this later on and figured wow, thw places the mind wonder. A six years old is paying attention to the smallest details yet we as adults just move on without questioning - that is a young philosopher.

I decided to look this information up although I alreday had an idea, I figure that they have not yet experience any form of emotion to understand when somethig hurts or when something feels good, and therefore does not yet have the sensation to shed tear. I basically came up with this on the notion of being 'cold hearted' - which i sometime describe myself as being. Anyways, I found out the tears are usually developed, on the average, between 2 to 4 months. It is also beleived that it is because 'newborns simply do not have the emmotional intensity necessary to elicit tears'. Wow because when I stated that earlier, the respond was more like hum. I believe what I believe and reason base on my experience.

Eveything that you have endure in your life will help you find answer to all the questions in life, how you feel to disect and use it , is up to you.

So the thing is, I developed my response based on my theory behind being 'cold hearted' and the fact that once I reached the level of being cold hearted - I no longer could feel sorrow for others. I know the situation may be horrible and i'll tell myself 'that's fucked up' but to actually shed tears - I can't cause my heart look at it as aw well it is what it is. I no longer have the intensity necessary to elicit tears because I no longer have the intensity to feel sorrow.

That's my notion and reason behind it, don't just criticize, but describe your outlook towards it.

1 comment:

  1. u are half way there. Frist of all, grammer check. Secondly, it is called tear duct, like u mention it develope at about 2 month, vary of the child. Another thing is that it have nothing to do with being 'cold herated'. The baby cry because he has emotion and that is the only way he know how to express himself. And finally if you label yourself as 'cold hearted' chances are you're not, you are just using that as a shield to protect yourself. (lol, I know the author). So see you soon, and looking forward to reading more. Happy New Year; that suck we have to work, but luck I only work half a day.

    ReplyDelete